In AffiliateWP 1.9, we introduced a complete RESTful API that provided developers with easy access to all data within AffiliateWP. The API had one limitation, however: it was read-only. Today we are thrilled to announce the release of a new Pro add-on that extends the REST API to add complete Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) operations.
This extended API uses the same authentication, endpoints, and routes as the read-only REST API included with the core AffiliateWP plugin, meaning it behaves nearly identically, except that it allows update, create, and delete requests to be processed.
The possibilities enabled with this extended API are nearly endless. A few examples of possible applications include:
- Visit and referral tracking from external websites, including non-WordPress sites
- Referral tracking in custom and non-WordPress eCommerce systems
- Synchronization of affiliate accounts across multiple databases and servers
- Automatically updating affiliate accounts when changes are made from external applications
- Creating referral records for affiliates each time an order is processed in an external payment processor
- Custom affiliate areas hosted outside of WordPress.
With the extended REST API, developers have endless flexibility to integrate other systems with AffiliateWP and to extend AffiliateWP beyond the stand-alone WordPress installation we’re all accustomed to.
The REST API Extended pro add-on is available to all Ultimate and Professional license holders. Don’t have an Ultimate or Professional license yet? Get one today!
Join 11,000+ others growing their business with AffiliateWP
We'll only notify you of new articles, special promotions and updates. No spam!