Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
How to Install and Use the External Referral Links Add-on for AffiliateWP
In this article, we’ll show you how to install and set up the External Referral Links add-on for AffiliateWP.
- Installing the External Referral Links Add-on
- Entering the External Referral Links Settings
- Important Notes To Consider
1. Installing the External Referral Links Add-on
Before we get started, be sure to install and activate AffiliateWP on your WordPress site.
Once you’ve got AffiliateWP installed and your license is verified you’ll be able to quickly install and activate the External Referral Links add-on.
After installing the External Referral Links add-on, the next step is to enter the settings.
2. Entering the External Referral Links Settings
Navigate to your main WordPress – Settings menu: Settings » External Referral Links and configure the options shown below:
3. Important Notes
- Only non-pretty affiliate links will work with External Referral Links (e.g. /?ref=123, or /?ref=john).
- Also, be sure to match the site URL where AffiliateWP is installed with the site URL in External Referral Links (e.g. https or http).
- Regarding Visits: A visit entry will not be created on arrival at the external site since AffiliateWP is not installed there. Rather, when an outbound link is clicked to go to your main site where AffiliateWP is installed, along with your eCommerce store, then a visit entry will be created for the affiliate’s link used.
- Credit Last Referrer: The Credit Last Referrer setting does not apply to the External Referral Links add-on, it is only functional on the site where the core AffiliateWP plugin is active.
- Default Affiliate URL: If you’d like your affiliates to see the external site as the default affiliate link in their dashboard when, you can set this in the Default Affiliate URL field in AffiliateWP » Settings » Misc.