Starting Affiliate ID
Specify a custom ID for the very first affiliate who registers, or for the next affiliate registration
The Starting Affiliate ID add-on allows you to:
- Set the ID of the first affiliate who registers for your new affiliate program, or
- Set the ID for the next affiliate who registers for your existing affiliate program.
Why would I start with a different ID number?
- You may have existing affiliates from a previous system, or
- You may need to meet some unusual internal numbering system requirement, or
- You may want to start off with a higher number to portray a more established affiliate program
Set a custom ID for the very first affiliate who registers
Instead of 1, you could set it to 134, 753 or even 7563. In fact, you can configure any number up to 1,000,000. Whichever number you decide on, it will be given to the first user who registers as an affiliate on your website. As each new affiliate registers, their ID will increment by 1.
Set a custom ID for your next affiliate registration
Already have affiliates? You can still use this add-on to set the next affiliate ID. For example, if there are already 54 registered affiliates, you can set the next ID to 646. The next affiliate who registers will have that ID of 646.
A note before setting a custom affiliate ID
The Starting Affiliate ID must always be higher than the ID of your most recent affiliate. Make sure you’re satisfied with your custom ID before saving. Once an affiliate registers and receives that ID, it can no longer be lowered.