Direct Link Tracking has been updated to version 1.1, bringing support for domains with paths, email notifications and some welcome improvements to both the admin interface and front-end Affiliate Area.
Improved Affiliate Area settings
Previously, affiliates could manage their direct links from the Settings tab of the Affiliate Area. Now, affiliates have a dedicated Direct Links tab, making it easier for them to add, update and delete their direct links.
A new [affiliate_direct_links] shortcode has also been introduced which can be placed on any WordPress page. This allows an affiliate to manage their direct links from outside of the Affiliate Area.
Domain path support
We’ve had many requests to allow domains with paths to be used as a direct link, so we’re excited to announce this is now supported! This feature is perfect for situations where the affiliate might be a guest writer on a site they do not own. The affiliate can submit just the link of the article they wrote, and visits from that domain and path will be attributed to the affiliate.
We highly recommend reading this doc which outlines different scenarios with regards to domains with paths and Direct Link Tracking.
Site administrator email notifications
It’s important for site administrators to review direct links as soon as possible, so we’ve added email notifications to Direct Link Tracking. When email notifications are enabled from Affiliates → Settings → Direct Link Tracking, the site administrator will receive an email as soon as an affiliate submits a domain for approval. The email will be sent when an affiliate submits a domain for the first time, or when they update a previously approved domain.
Affiliate email notifications
Similar to site administrator email notifications, affiliates can now receive emails if the admin option(s) are enabled. When enabled, the affiliate will receive an email when their direct link domain is approved, or when it is rejected.
Domains can now be blacklisted via a new admin option from the Affiliates → Settings → Direct Link Tracking tab. Any domain added to the blacklist will prevent any affiliates (or site administrators) from adding that domain as a direct link. Blacklisting a domain will also prevent a visit from being stored if that domain already exists for an affiliate. See this doc for more information on this new functionality.
Dedicated admin screen for adding new direct links
In addition to adding a new direct link from the affiliate’s edit screen, a site admin can now quickly add a new direct link, for any affiliate, from a dedicated New Direct Link admin screen. This can be accessed by clicking the Affiliates → Direct Links → Add New button.
Dedicated admin screen for editing direct links
A site administrator can now edit direct links from a dedicated Edit Direct Link admin screen. This can be accessed by clicking the Edit link under the Actions column on the Affiliates → Direct Links admin screen. As in earlier versions of Direct Link Tracking, a site administrator can still edit all direct links for an affiliate from the affiliate’s edit screen.
- A dashboard-tab-direct-links.php template file has been introduced to allow for customization by developers.
- A Date Added column has been added to the Direct Links admin screen, and is sortable.
- The Visits column on the Direct Links admin screen is now sortable.
- The Domain column on the Direct Links admin screen is now sortable.
- Domains on the Direct Links admin screen are now sorted by the most recently added.
- Direct Link Tracking can now be used with the Fallback Referral Tracking Method from Affiliates → Settings → Misc.
- Domains within the Affiliate Area can be removed via a new remove link.
- Domains on the Edit Affiliate admin screen can be removed via a new remove link.
- Domain input fields are now wider to match other URL fields in the admin.
- Notices shown to affiliates in the Affiliate Area have been improved
- Domain validation has been greatly improved.
- Error notices shown to the admin and affiliate have been improved.
- A new Remove Data When Deleted checkbox option has been added to the admin settings.
- A scenario was fixed where domains could be overridden by the site administrator.
- A scenario was fixed where cookies could be stored for the affiliate when direct link tracking is not enabled for them.
Direct Link Tracking version 1.1 is available today and can be automatically updated from your Plugins page, or downloaded manually from your account page.
This update for the Direct Link Tracking pro add-on is available to all Professional and Ultimate license holders. If your license has expired and you need to renew it, or you wish to upgrade from a Personal or Plus license, you may do so from your account page.
Join 11,110 others growing their business with AffiliateWP
We'll only notify you of new articles, special promotions and updates. No spam!